It's a party at Rural Resources - a food party, that is!
Join us on Wednesday, June 27th from 5-7pm for a rollicking good time with locally grown music by JB & the Honey Beans, fresh flat bread pizza by Deidra for sale (or bring your own picnic dinner), animal feeding and petting, and two great workshops from Nick and Teresa Baumann. Learn how to make signs from reclaimed barn wood or a tote bag from used feed sacks!
Workshop costs: $15 for the tote workshop / $10 for the sign workshop - create a sign for Rural Resources and leave your special mark on the farm, or for a $15 material fee, you can create a sign to take home!
- Grazing For Profit presents a
- Fencing Workshop
- at Rural Resources & the adjacent farm of Craig Milburn
- What: A double workshop on high-tensile fencing & using rotational grazing and a smart fence to manage sheep and cattle
- When: Wednesday, July 18th
- Time: 5pm to 8pm
- Where: Rural Resources & Craig Milburn’s farm in Greeneville, TN
- Cost: $6 for dinner
- RSVP by July 16th – Click here to register online or call (423) 636-8171
Topics and Projects:
- - Presentation by Gallagher Fencing: charger selection, proper grounding, resistance, types of fence, tools and tips for rotational grazing, etc.
- - Erect a portion of High Tensile Fencing
- - Tour a farm that is rotating cattle and sheep with donkeys and guardians and using “smart fence” 4 real system for the sheep
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services, or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact the Rural Resources office at (423) 636-8171 to discuss accommodations. Requests must be received at least 5 business days prior to the event. Rural Resources will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical limitations of participants, unless to do so would cause an undue hardship on the operation of the organization.
Sponsors for this event include Tennessee Dept. of Agriculture and USDA Risk Management